Salmon with Asparagus, Lentils & Salsa Verde
1 C lentils (black or green)
Salt & pepper
2 bunches asparagus, woody ends removed
4 x 180g boneless salmon portions, skin on
¼ C EVOO
1 C mixed soft herb leaves e.g. parsley, basil, mint, chervil
2 T capers
1 T lemon juice
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 t Dijon mustard
1 t honey
- Cook the lentils according to packet directions. Drain, drizzle with olive oil and season well.
- Cook asparagus in boiling salted water until just cooked. Drain, drizzle with olive oil and season well.
- Place EVOO, herbs, capers, lemon juice, garlic, mustard and honey into a small food processor and blitz until finely chopped. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Brush salmon with olive oil and season well with salt and pepper (both sides). Heat some olive oil in a pan over a medium heat and add the salmon portions – skin side down. Press down gently, then cook until skin is crispy and golden (3-5 minutes). Turn over and continue cooking until done to your liking.
- Divide lentils between 4 serving plates and top with asparagus. Crumble over feta, add salmon then spoon over the salsa verde.
Recipe adapted from Dish Magazine.
To order salmon for this dish, click here!