Salmon Mousse Ravioli
150g sliced cold smoked salmon
125g cream cheese
2 T horseradish cream
Juice of ½ a lemon
½ bunch chives
48 gow gee or wonton wrappers
¼ C (60ml) soy sauce
1 T rice wine vinegar
½ carrot, cut into thin shreds
¼ daikon, cut into thin shreds
- Process salmon and cream cheese in a food processor until smooth. Add horseradish and lemon juice and process to combine. Finely chop half the chives and stir into mousse.
- Half-fill a wok with water and bring to boil. Keep at a rolling boil ready to cook ravioli.
- Working quickly, place 1 t mousse in the centre of a wrapper. Brush edges with water and top with another wrapper. Press edges together to seal, working out air bubbles. Trim excess wrapper using an 8cm cutter. Cover with a clean, damp tea towel and repeat with remaining wrappers and mousse. Cook ravioli, in batches, for 1 minute 30 seconds until wrapper is cooked. Drain well with a slotted spoon.
- Combine soy and vinegar in a small bowl. Roughly chop remaining chives.
- Serve ravioli topped with carrot, daikon and chives. Drizzle with a little of the soy mixture and serve remainder on the side.
Recipe adapted from delicious.com.au.
To order salmon for this dish, click here!