300g salmon sashimi fillet
¼ C burghul (cracked wheat)
2 spring onions, finely chopped
1/3 t ground allspice
1 very small red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
½ t freshly ground white pepper
1 T extra virgin olive oil
1-2 Lebanese cucumbers, sliced into 24 rounds (5mm thick)
2 T thick Greek-style yoghurt
½ garlic clove, finely chopped
1 t ground sumac
24 small mint leaves, to garnish
- Chop the salmon very finely, then chill.
- Cook burghul according to packet directions. Drain well.
- In a chilled stainless-steel or glass bowl, combine burghul, salmon, onions, allspice, chilli, white pepper, 1 t salt and oil. Use your hands to form mixture into 24 small patties. Place each one onto a cucumber round, then chill.
- Season the yoghurt with 1/3 t salt and stir in the garlic.
- To serve, top each kibbeh with a small dollop of yoghurt, sprinkle with sumac and garnish with a mint leaf.
Recipe adapted from delicious.com.au.
To order salmon for this dish, click here!