Pesto Crusted Salmon
2 C fresh breadcrumbs
1 t flaky salt
4 pinboned salmon portions, skin on
Lemon wedges, to serve
Spinach, rocket and cashew pesto
1 C baby spinach
½ C baby rocket
½ C roasted salted cashews
2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
½ C extra virgin olive oil
60g parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Make pesto: Place spinach, rocket, cashews, and garlic in a food processor. Process (scraping down sides occasionally) until almost smooth.
- With the motor running, add oil in a slow and steady stream. Process until all oil is combined. Transfer pesto to a bowl. Add parmesan. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large baking dish with baking paper.
- Combine breadcrumbs and pesto in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Place salmon, skin side down, in prepared dish. Sprinkle ½ C of crumb mixture over top of each, pressing on lightly with fingertips.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes (depending on fish thickness) or until cooked to your liking. Serve with seasonal green vegies and lemon wedges.
Recipe adapted from taste.com.au
To order salmon for this recipe, click here!