Mediterranean Salmon Parcels
500g baby potatoes, halved
3 T olive oil
1 t dried oregano
4 x 180g boneless salmon portions
2 t balsamic vinegar
2 handfuls cocktail tomatoes, halved
8 basil leaves, torn, plus extra to serve
Baby capers (optional).
- Preheat the oven to 180°
- In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with 1 T of the olive oil, ½ t of the oregano and a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
- Tear off 8 large pieces of foil (about 30cm), double them up, and add one-quarter of the potato mixture to each. Wrap the foil over the potatoes, pinching the foil to seal.
- Place the foil parcels in the oven and cook for 20-30 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft and can be pierced easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining 2 T of olive oil, the balsamic vinegar, the remaining ½ t of oregano and ½ t of salt in a bowl. Add the salmon and turn to coat both sides.
- Carefully remove each foil packet from the oven, and when cool enough to handle, open and top the potatoes with the salmon. Add the tomatoes, capers and basil.
- Reseal the foil parcels, not too tight as heat needs to circulate, and return to the oven for about 10-15 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked.
- Serve with an additional glug of balsamic vinegar and more fresh basil.
Recipe adapted from delicious.com.au.
To order salmon for this recipe, click here!