Keto Salmon Sushi
120g sashimi salmon fillet (or smoked salmon), cut into strips
100g avocado (1 small), cut into strips
100g cucumber (1 small), peeled, cut into strips
3 C cauliflower
150g cream cheese, softened
2 T rice (or white wine) vinegar
½ t salt to taste
½ t sweetener (optional)
2 sheets nori
2 T white sesame seeds
1 t black sesame seeds (for decoration, optional)
Sushi Dip (optional)
1 T ginger grated
1 T lemon juice
2 T low carb soy sauce or tamari (or coconut aminos)
- Wash and cut the cauliflower into small pieces to prepare the cauliflower rice. You can use a knife, grater, or a food processor to process until it resembles rice-like pieces.
- Place the riced cauliflower in a closed container and cook it in the microwave for three minutes (or alternatively steam or cook in a pan). Allow to cool down.
- In a mixing bowl, add rice vinegar, sweetener and salt. Add cauliflower rice and cream cheese. Stir well with a wooden spoon until combine. Refrigerate until ready to use (30 minutes for best results).
- Beat the eggs together with a pinch of salt and add to a lightly greased frying pan over a medium heat. Let it set fully then slide onto a plate. Roll up and cut into thin strips.
- Prep a sushi mat with cling film on both sides to avoid the mixture sticking. Place the sushi mat on a flat surface then lay a rectangular nori sheet on top.
- Add half of the cauliflower rice mixture and spread this mixture uniformly over the nori sheet, leaving a 2cm clear strip along the top. Arrange half of the strips of avocado, salmon, egg, and cucumber on the lower half of the sheet. Carefully roll up from the bottom.
- Repeat the procedure with the other sheet but once you have spread the cauliflower rice over the nori, flip it so that the nori will be on the inside and the rice mixture on the outside. Mix the sesame seeds together and sprinkle of the inside-out roll.
- Chill in the fridge for half an hour before cutting the rolls into bite-size pieces.
- Pour the lemon juice and soy sauce (or coconut aminos) into a small pot then add ginger. Bring to the boil then simmer until the sauce darkens and intensifies in colour.
- Transfer to a small dish and place aside the sushi. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from ketovale.com
To order salmon for this dish, click here!