Gravadlax Salsa w Fennel Crackers
250g gravadlax, coarsely chopped
1 ripe avocado, coarsely chopped
½ red onion, finely chopped
2 T finely chopped fresh chives
1 T fresh lime juice
Opito Bay Chilli sea salt
Olive oil, to grease
½ C plain flour
1 T fennel seeds, lightly cracked
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
½ C lukewarm water
Plain flour, to dust
2 t olive oil, extra
- To make the fennel crackers, preheat oven to 200°C. Brush 2 baking trays with olive oil to lightly grease. Combine the flour and fennel seeds in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Use a round-bladed knife in a cutting motion to gradually incorporate the water into the flour. Continue mixing until the mixture just comes together. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Divide dough into 4 equal portions. Use your hands to shape each portion into a ball. Roll each ball out into a 1mm-thick 25cm-diameter disc.
- Place 2 dough discs on each of the prepared trays. Lightly brush with extra olive oil. Bake in oven for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and use a fish slice to turn wafers. Return to oven and bake for a further 5 minutes or until golden patches appear on the surface. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine gravlax, avocado, onion, chives and lime juice in a serving bowl. Season with Opito Bay salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Roughly break the wafers into large pieces and serve with the gravadlax salsa.
Recipe adapted from taste.com.au
To order salmon for this recipe, click here!