Easy Teriyaki Salmon Poke Bowl
300g boneless salmon pieces
2 T teriyaki marinade
200g edamame beans, frozen
1 T olive oil
2 x packets microwavable brown rice (or cook 1 C of brown rice)
1 x 400g packet rainbow slaw (green & red cabbage, carrot)
2 T kewpie mayo
½ t sesame oil
2 t soy sauce
½ cucumber, thinly sliced crossways
2 spring onions, thinly sliced
1 t sesame seeds
Pickled ginger, to serve
- Combine the salmon and marinade in a bowl. Place in the fridge for 15 mins to develop the flavours.
- Boil the jug and pour boiling water over the frozen edamame beans in a bowl. Leave for 5 minutes then drain.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook salmon, turning, for 4-5 mins or until golden or cooked to your liking.
- Heat the rice following packet directions. Place the slaw in a large bowl. Mix mayo, sesame oil and soy sauce together then add to the slaw. Toss to combine.
- Divide the rice among serving bowls. Top with the slaw mixture, edamame beans, salmon, cucumber, spring onion and ginger. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
Recipe adapted from taste.com.au
To order salmon for this recipe, click here!