Dukkah Salmon with Strawberry Basil Salsa
1 ½ T dukkah
4 x pinboned salmon portions, skin on
3 T olive oil
120g strawberries, finely chopped
½ red onion, finely chopped
3 radishes, finely chopped
2 T basil, finely sliced
1 T red wine vinegar
120g baby rocket
1 small fennel bulb, trimmed, finely shaved
½ cucumber, thinly sliced diagonally
1 T lemon juice
- Sprinkle dukkah over a small plate. Place 1 piece of salmon on the plate, skin-side up. Press to coat in dukkah. Transfer to a clean work surface. Repeat with remaining salmon.
- Heat 1 T of the oil in a medium frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the salmon, skin-side down, for 3 mins or until crisp. Turn the salmon over. Reduce heat to medium. Cook for 2-3 mins or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover loosely with foil. Set aside for 5 mins to rest.
- Meanwhile, combine the strawberries, onion, radishes, basil, vinegar and 1 T of the remaining oil in a bowl. Season.
- Combine the rocket, fennel and cucumber in a large bowl. Drizzle with the lemon juice and remaining oil and toss to combine.
- Divide the rocket mixture and salmon among serving plates. Spoon over the strawberry mixture to serve.
Recipe adapted from taste.com.au
To order salmon for this recipe, click here!