Chimichurri Salmon Tray Bake
4 pinboned salmon portions, skin off
Salt & pepper
½ t smoked paprika
¼ t ground coriander
300g sourdough bread, 2cm thick slices, torn into large pieces
3 T extra virgin olive oil
250g truss tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes)
2 bunches asparagus, trimmed, halved
½ lemon, cut into 4 wedges
½ C baby spinach leaves
½ C fresh mint leaves
½ C fresh coriander leaves
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
2 T red wine vinegar
60ml (¼ C) extra virgin olive oil
- To make the chimichurri, Place the spinach, mint, coriander, garlic, vinegar, oil and 1 T of water in a small food processor. Process until a coarse puree forms. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat an oven grill on high. Place the salmon portions on one side of a large baking tray, and put the torn bread on the other side. Drizzle 2 T of the oil over the bread and salmon. Sprinkle the paprika and ground coriander over the salmon then season everything well.
- Grill for 5 minutes or until bread is light golden. Transfer bread to a plate. Return tray to the oven and grill the salmon for a further 5 minutes or until it flakes easily.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add tomato and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add asparagus and cook for a further 3-4 minutes, or until tomato has softened and asparagus is just tender. Transfer to a plate. Add lemon wedges and cook for 1-2 minutes or until slightly charred.
- Add tomato, asparagus and lemon to tray. Top with bread. Dollop with chimichurri to serve.
Recipe adapted from taste.com.au
To order salmon for this recipe, click here!