Baked Salmon with Parmesan & Parsley Crust
6 x 180g salmon portions, skinned
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
150g cream cheese
Small clove garlic, crushed
½ lemon, grated rind only
25g fresh white breadcrumbs
25gz fresh, coarsely grated parmesan
2 T chopped fresh parsley, plus extra to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200⁰
- Season both sides of the salmon portions and place on a greased baking sheet or roasting tin.
- Mash the cream cheese with the garlic, salt and pepper and lemon rind.
- Divide into six and spread on top of each salmon fillet.
- Mix the breadcrumbs, parmesan and parsley in a small bowl and season.
- Sprinkle on top of the cream cheese mixture and dust with paprika.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes. To tell when the salmon is done, it will have changed from translucent to an opaque pink.
- Serve immediately, garnished with chopped parsley.
Recipe adapted from BBC Food.