The ultimate salmon fishing experience! Catch your own chinook salmon in the glacial waters next to our cafe. No gear required (all provided) and no fishing experience needed. Take home your cleaned (gilled and gutted) whole salmon, or you can ask for it to be filleted for you (extra charge applies). This is a family-friendly attraction - either catch a fish yourself or sit in our landscaped garden and watch the excitement. This is a big fish experience - no tiddlers here and expect them to put up a fight as you reel them in!
- You must purchase what you catch - there is no catch and release.
- Please book online to guarantee your spot. We may accept walk-ins, depending on availability.
- Please only book for the number of fish you want to catch e.g. to only catch one fish, only book one spot regardless of how many people in your group. If you want to catch 2 fish, book for 2 participants.
- Catch-A-Fish currently operates between 10am and 3pm Monday to Friday, and between 9am and 3pm on weekends and public holidays.
- Average sizes of salmon in the pond will be displayed. The pond contains salmon between 2kg and 4kg. If you catch a salmon over the 4kg upper limit, you can swap this for a smaller fish.
- Salmon is weighed after being caught and the cost is $32 per kg.
- To have your salmon filleted, there is a $10 additional charge.
- Children 12 years and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Your salmon will be packaged with ice and paper for you to take home. Insulated boxes (will keep your salmon cold for 48 hrs) with ice are available for an extra $10, or bring a chilly bin yourself.
- It is highly likely you will catch a fish. Occasionally the salmon are stressed (lots of lines, new fish added) and they won't be biting. We may not be able to run the experience when the probability of catching a salmon is low.
Click HERE to view our full terms and conditions and our customer declaration.