Tray Baked Salmon with Beans & Leeks
800g salmon fillet, skinless and boneless
1 large leek, washed and thinly sliced
2 x 400g cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
200g mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
1 C (250ml) vegetable stock
½ C (125ml) dry white wine
1 ½ C oregano (or basil) leaves
Finely grated zest of 1 lemon & juice of ½ a lemon
½ C pitted green olives, halved
1 large green chilli, seeds removed, roughly chopped (optional)
1 T capers, drained
½ C (60ml) extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
Crusty bread & salad leaves, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 220°C. Season salmon all over with salt and freshly ground pepper and set aside.
- Place leek, beans, tomatoes, stock, wine, ½ C of the oregano (chopped), lemon zest and olives in a deep roasting pan, season and stir to combine. Place a wet sheet of crumpled paper on top of mixture. Roast in oven for 20-25 minutes or until leek is just tender and liquid is simmering.
- Remove tray from oven and nestle salmon in leek mixture, then drizzle with a little oil. Cover with the paper, return to the oven and roast for a further 15 minutes for medium rare or until cooked to your liking. Set aside to rest for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make an oregano oil, place chilli (if using), capers, oil, lemon juice and remaining 1 C oregano leaves in a small processor and blitz to finely chop.
- Drizzle salmon with half the oregano oil and scatter with extra oregano leaves. Serve with remaining oregano oil, bread and salad leaves.
Recipe adapted from delicious.com.au.
To order salmon for this dish, click here!