Spiced Salmon & Soba Noodle Salad
400g piece fresh salmon, bone out, skin off
½ t mixed spice
¼ t ground fennel
Salt & pepper
270g packet of soba noodles
¼ C lime juice
3 T oil
1 T rice wine vinegar
2 t soy sauce
1 t sesame oil
½ t sugar
150g snow peas
400g frozen edamame beans, shelled
2 small carrots, peeled, cut into long matchsticks
3 spring onions, thinly sliced diagonally
1 cucumber, peeled into ribbons
½ bunch radishes, thinly sliced
2 t sesame seeds, toasted
- Combine mixed spice and fennel with 1 t of salt. Sprinkle over salmon. Heat 1 T of the oil in a frypan over a medium heat. Add salmon and cook for 3-4 minutes until golden, turn over and repeat. Remove from the pan and leave to cool.
- Cook noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water for 4 mins or until tender. Refresh under cold water. Drain.
- Place lime juice, vegetable oil, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil and sugar in a screw-top jar. Seal and shake to combine.
- Prepare a bowl of iced water. Place snow peas and edamame beans in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Stand for 1 min. Use tongs to transfer to iced water. Set aside for 1 min. Drain and pat dry with paper towel. Trim the snow peas and slice lengthways.
- Place noodles in a large bowl. Drizzle with half the dressing and gently toss to combine. Add the snow peas, edamame beans, carrot, spring onion, cucumber and radish. Drizzle with a little more of the dressing. Toss to combine. Flake in the salmon and gently fold to combine. Transfer to a serving platter. Drizzle with the remaining dressing and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Recipe adapted from taste.com.au
To order salmon for this recipe, click here!