Smoked Salmon Traybake Pancake
2 C plain flour
2 t baking powder
½ t bicarbonate of soda
2 C buttermilk (or 2 C milk + 2 T vinegar)
¼ C chopped fresh soft herbs e.g. dill, parsley, plus extra, to serve
50g butter, melted
½ C smooth ricotta or cream cheese
150g cold smoked salmon slices, halved
60g baby rocket
1 small red onion, cut into rings
½ cucumbers, peeled into ribbons
Capers & lemon wedges, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Grease and line a 3cm-deep, 24.5cm x 37.5cm (base) baking tray with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above edges of tray on short sides.
- Whisk flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda together in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Make a well in the centre. Whisk buttermilk, egg, and herbs in a large jug. Add buttermilk mixture to well. Whisk until just combined.
- Brush baking paper in prepared tray with half the melted butter. Spread batter into prepared tray. Smooth top. Dab with remaining butter. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Preheat grill on high. Grill pancake for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden. Set tray aside to cool for 1 minute.
- Dollop pancake with ricotta and spread out. Top with salmon, rocket, onion and cucumber. Sprinkle with capers and top with lemon wedges. Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from taste.com.au
To order salmon for this recipe, click here!