Smoked Salmon in Spinach & Herb Pancakes
120g baby spinach
1 1/3 C (200g) plain flour
2 t baking powder
2 eggs, lightly beaten
½ C soft herb leaves e.g. parsley, mint, dill, chopped plus extra to serve
40g butter, melted and cooled, plus extra to brush
250g cream cheese, room temperature
¼ bunch dill, roughly chopped
Zest & juice of 1 lemon
300g hot smoked salmon, flaked
1 bunch rocket & lemon wedges, to serve
- Place spinach in a bowl and pour over boiling water. Mix until wilted, then transfer spinach to a bowl of iced water. Leave for 2-3 minutes then remove and squeeze excess liquid from the spinach.
- Place spinach in a blender with the flour, baking powder, milk, eggs, herbs, melted butter and ½ t salt. Whiz until well combined and smooth. Set aside for 20 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile, place the cream cheese, dill, lemon zest and juice in a bowl and mix to combine. Add the salmon and stir to combine. Season and set aside.
- Heat a non-stick frypan over medium- low heat and brush with extra butter. Add ½ C of pancake batter to pan and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden and cooked. Keep warm while you continue with the remaining batter.
- Divide the filling over one side of each pancake. Fold over and serve with extra herbs, rocket and lemon wedges.
Recipe adapted from delicious.com.au.
To order salmon for this recipe, click here!