Salmon with Burnt Butter Colcannon
1kg white potatoes, peeled, cut into 5cm pieces
2/3 cup (160ml) milk
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 extra virgin olive oil
2 spring onions, finely chopped
120g baby rocket leaves, coarsely chopped
2 t lemon juice
4 x 180g pinboned portions
½ lemon pepper
1 t Neudorf black garlic salt
- Cook potato in a large saucepan of boiling water for 20 mins or until tender. Drain well. Return potato to the pan and place over low heat to dry out for a minute or two. Remove from heat and coarsely mash the potato. Add the milk and mash until smooth. Season well and cover to keep warm.
- Heat butter in a large frying pan over medium-low heat until the butter begins to foam. Cook for 1 min. Add the garlic and cook for a further 1-2 mins or until the butter is nutty brown and the garlic is light golden. Transfer to a bowl.
- Heat oil in the frying pan over high heat. Add the spring onion and cook, stirring, for 1 min or until the spring onion softens slightly. Add the rocket and stir for 1-2 mins or until rocket just wilts. Season and stir through the lemon juice.
- Sprinkle the flesh side of the salmon portions with the lemon pepper and black garlic salt. Heat a clean large frying pan over medium heat. Spray with olive oil spray and sprinkle the pan with salt. Add the salmon, skin side down, and cook for 3 mins or until the skin is crispy. Turn and cook for a further 3 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Add rocket mixture to the potato mixture in the pan and stir to combine. Transfer to a large serving plate. Drizzle with the burnt garlic butter. Serve immediately with the salmon.
Recipe adapted from taste.com.au
To order salmon for this recipe, click here!