Salmon & White Bean Croquettes
2 t vegetable oil
400g piece salmon, skin off, pinboned
400g tin cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
4 spring onions, thinly sliced
1 T chopped dill
1 large lemon, rind finely grated
1/3 C (50g) plain flour
2 eggs, lightly whisked
1 C (75g) panko breadcrumbs
Vegetable oil, extra, to shallow-fry
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Season the salmon and cook for 2 mins each side or until just cooked through. Transfer to a plate to cool. Use a fork to coarsely flake.
- Place beans in a bowl. Use a fork to crush until mashed. Add spring onion, dill, lemon rind and salmon. Season well. Gently stir until combined. Shape heaped tablespoons of salmon mixture into oval-shaped patties, pressing firmly.
- Place the flour, egg and breadcrumbs in separate shallow bowls. Season each bowl. Gently roll 1 patty in the flour to coat, shaking off excess. Dip the patty in the egg, then breadcrumbs to coat. Place on a baking tray. Repeat with the remaining patties.
- Add enough oil to a clean large frying pan to come 7mm up the side of the pan. Heat over medium-high heat. Cook croquettes, in batches, turning occasionally, for 3 mins or until golden brown and heated through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Serve with your favourite sauce.
Recipe adapted from taste.com.au
To order salmon for this recipe, click here!