Salmon & Leek Pies
Rice bran oil (or other neutral oil) spray
4 sheets filo pastry
2 t olive oil
1 leek, white section only, washed, dried, thinly sliced
½ C cream
250g hot smoked salmon, flaked
1 T drained capers, coarsely chopped
1 T coarsely chopped fresh dill
1 t horseradish
Zest of ½ lemon, finely grated
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
Mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease four 185ml (3 1/4-cup) Texas muffin pans with the oil spray.
- Cut filo sheets in half. Place in a stack and cut into quarters to make 32 squares. Spray each filo square with spray oil. Place 4 squares in the base of a prepared muffin pan, allowing the corners to extend over the edge. Place another 4 squares on top, rotating them slightly to cover the side of the pan. Repeat with remaining filo. Cook in the oven for 10 minutes or until crisp.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the leek and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until leek has softened. Remove from heat.
- Whisk the eggs and cream together in a large bowl. Add the leek, salmon, capers, dill, horseradish and lemon zest and gently stir to combine. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly into filo cases. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until filling is just set. Remove from oven. Serve with mixed salad leaves.
Recipe adapted from taste.com.au
To order salmon for this recipe, click here!