Salmon, Leek & Dill Pot Pies
1 leek, washed and thinly sliced
1 celery stick, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
¼ C (60ml) dry white wine
1 T plain flour
1 C (250ml) cream
2 t wholegrain mustard
500g boneless salmon pieces
Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
Juice of ½ a lemon
¼ C fresh dill leaves, chopped (or 2 T dried dill)
2 frozen butter puff pastry sheets, thawed
1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced).
- Melt butter in a large non-stick frypan over a medium heat. When butter starts to foam, add leek, celery and garlic, and season. Cook, stirring regularly, for 7 minutes or until soft.
- Add wine and reduce by half. Stir in flour, scraping the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon for 2 minutes, then gradually stir in cream and mustard. Bring to the boil and cook, stirring regularly, for 3-4 minutes until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir through salmon, zest, juice, dill. Check seasoning.
- Meanwhile, place 1 puff pastry sheet directly on top of another and lightly roll with a rolling pin to create a double layer.
- Cut out 4 rounds 1 ½ cm bigger than the diameter of the dishes using. Place on a tray and chill until needed.
- Divide mixture among four 1 C (250ml) capacity ovenproof dishes. Brush the outside edge with egg wash and place a pastry round over the top. Press to seal around edges. Brush pastry with egg wash and sprinkle over salt flakes.
- Make a small incision on pie tops, then place on a baking tray. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until pastry is golden and filling is bubbling hot. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe adapted from delicious.com.au.
To order salmon for this dish, click here!