Potato & Smoked Salmon Salad with Salsa Verde
500g baby potatoes
1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
60g baby rocket
300g hot smoked salmon, skin off, flaked
2 T sliced small gherkins (cornichons)
Salt & pepper
1 C fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
½ C fresh basil leaves
1 T baby capers
¼ C extra virgin olive oil
1 T white wine vinegar
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan. Cover with water and lid. Bring to the boil over high heat. Remove lid and cook for 10 minutes or until tender when pierced with a small sharp knife. Drain. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Preheat a barbecue flat plate or large heavy-based frying pan over medium-high heat. Cut potatoes crossways into 4 slices. Spray with olive oil spray. Cook on barbecue, turning occasionally, for about 10 minutes or until crisp and golden.
- To make the salsa verde, finely chop parsley and basil, and coarsely chop capers. Combine in a bowl with the oil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the asparagus in a heatproof bowl and fill a separate bowl with iced water. Cover asparagus with boiling water. Set aside for 1 minute then use tongs to transfer asparagus to iced water. Drain and pat dry. Cut in half lengthways.
- Place the rocket on a serving platter. Top with potatoes, asparagus and salmon. Sprinkle with cornichons and drizzle over some of the salsa verde. Serve with remaining salsa verde on the side.
Recipe adapted from taste.com.au
To order salmon for this dish, click here!