Miso Salmon with Broccoli Rice
1 bunch baby carrots, peeled, ends trimmed
400g frozen edamame beans, podded
1 T honey
1 ½ T miso paste
4 x pinboned salmon portions, skin on
1 large head broccoli, stem and florets coarsely chopped
2 t sesame oil
2 t ginger, finely grated
1 t garlic, crushed
½ C (150g) whole-egg mayonnaise
1 t wasabi paste
- Preheat grill on medium-high. Line a baking tray with foil.
- Cook the carrots in a large saucepan of boiling water for 10 mins, adding the edamame beans in the last 2 mins of cooking. Drain.
- Meanwhile, combine the honey and 1 T of the miso in a large bowl. Add the salmon and turn to coat. Place the salmon, skin-side down, on the lined tray. Cook under the grill for 5 mins or until salmon is caramelised and cooked to your liking. Set aside for 5 mins to rest.
- Process the broccoli in a food processor until finely chopped. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the broccoli, ginger, and garlic, and cook, stirring, for 2-3 mins or until heated through.
- Combine the mayonnaise, wasabi and remaining miso in a small bowl. Add a little hot water and stir until smooth and well combined.
- Divide the broccoli mixture among serving plates. Top with the edamame beans, carrots and salmon. Drizzle with the mayonnaise mixture.
Recipe adapted from taste.com.au
To order salmon for this recipe, click here!