Layered Salmon & Potato Salad
1.5kg small new potatoes (or other waxy variety), unpeeled
300g green beans, cut into 3cm pieces
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
1 lemon, rind finely grated
250g tub sour cream
1 C unsweetened Greek-style yoghurt
3 T capers, drained, finely chopped
2 T chopped fresh dill (or your favourite soft herbs), plus extra sprigs, to serve
100g baby spinach
300g hot smoked salmon
2 small radishes, finely sliced
2 hard-boiled eggs, cut into wedges
- Place the potatoes into a large pot of cold, salted water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until a skewer can be inserted into the centres. Drain and set aside to cool. Slice crossways into 2cm-thick slices then transfer to a bowl.
- Cook the beans in a saucepan of boiling, salted water for 3 minutes. Drain and refresh under cold running water. Drain well. Transfer to a bowl and add the onion and lemon rind, and season. Toss until well combined.
- Combine the sour cream, yoghurt, capers and dill in a bowl.
- Add 1 cupful of sour cream mixture to the potatoes and toss until well combined. Place half the potato mixture in the base of a 3L (12 cup) glass trifle bowl or glass serving bowl.
- Arrange 80g spinach on top of the potato layer then add the bean mixture. Flake over the salmon. Top with the remaining potato mixture. Drizzle over the remaining sour cream mixture and scatter over the remaining spinach. Top with the radish, egg and extra dill. Season and serve.
Recipe adapted from taste.com.au
To order salmon for this recipe, click here!