Kumara & Smoked Salmon Quiche
250g gold kumara, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
olive oil cooking spray
4 spring onions, thinly sliced
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 C baby spinach
3 sheets filo pastry
200g hot smoked salmon, flaked
100g feta, crumbled
¾ C milk
Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place kumara, in a single layer, on tray. Spray with oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes or until tender and golden.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Spray with oil. Add onions, garlic and spinach. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat and squeeze out excess moisture.
- Reduce oven to 180°C. Spray a 20cm (base) round springform pan with oil. Spray 1 pastry sheet with oil and fold in half crossways. Place pastry sheet in pan to line base and sides. Repeat with remaining pastry.
- Spoon kumara over pastry base. Spoon over spinach mixture. Sprinkle salmon and feta over spinach mixture. Whisk eggs, milk and salt and pepper in a jug. Pour over filling.
- Bake quiche for 40 minutes or until set. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Release sides of pan. Slice quiche and serve with salad.
Recipe adapted from taste.com.au
To order salmon for this recipe, click here!