Ironclad Salmon Fishcakes with Garlic Aioli
1kg salmon fillet
1 ½ large red onion, finely chopped
½ C roughly chopped Italian parsley
½ C roughly chopped fresh basil
½ C pitted black olives, coarsely chopped
5 T horse radish
2 lemons, zested
2 t salt flakes
Hard boiled eggs, chopped, to serve
Basil leaves, to serve
1 bulb roasted garlic, mushed
1 c good quality mayonnaise
3 T lemon juice
3 T olive oil left over from olives
- Remove the skin and bones from the salmon. Cut 400g of the fish into 1cm cubes. Cut 300g with a sharp knife to a fine dice. Mince 300g in a blender till slushy.
- Place the salmon, onion, parsley, basil, olives, horse radish, lemon zest and salt in a bowl. Mix well and refrigerate for one hour.
- Mix all aioli ingredients together and pop in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Divide the salmon mix into eight, and form into round fish cakes. Heat your Legacy pan on a medium heat (either stovetop or barbeque) and drizzle in 2 T olive oil. Fry a couple of minutes on each side.
- To finish, drizzle each fish cake with aioli, sprinkle chopped up hard boiled eggs on top, followed by big dollops of salmon caviar, a grind of fresh black pepper and a scattering of basil leaves.
Recipe created by The Ironclad Pan Co.
To order salmon for this recipe, click here!