Hot Smoked Salmon with Citrus, Sweet Chili and Mint
1 pink grapefruit
1/3 C firmly packed brown sugar
1 long red chilli, seeds removed, cut into very thin strips
500g hot smoked salmon
¼ C mint leaves
1 avocado, cut into 1cm cubes
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Cut skin and pith from the grapefruit, orange, lemon and lime. Holding fruit over a bowl, make small sharp cuts parallel to the pith that separates each segment to remove the fruity flesh. Squeeze remaining fruit into the bowl until you have 1/2 cup (125ml) juice in total.
- Heat juices, sugar, and chili in a small pan over medium-low heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Simmer, without stirring, for 8 minutes until syrupy.
- Meanwhile, wrap salmon loosely in foil and bake for 10 minutes until pleasantly warm. Remove and discard salmon skin, then divide salmon among plates.
- Toss citrus segments with mint and spoon generously over the salmon. Drizzle over the warm chili syrup and serve with avocado.
Recipe adapted from taste.com.au
To order salmon for this recipe, click here!