Hot Smoked Salmon & Potato Fritters
500g floury potatoes, peeled cut into 3cm pieces
150g hot smoked salmon
¼ C finely chopped soft herbs (dill, basil, mint, parsley)
2 spring onions, thinly sliced
1 t finely grated lime zest
3 eggs, lightly whisked
1/3 C self-raising flour
Vegetable oil, to deep-fry
Chilli and honey yoghurt
1 t sriracha or chilli sauce
1 t honey
½ t ground cumin
½ t ground coriander
½ C unsweetened Greek-style yoghurt
- Place the potato in a large saucepan. Sprinkle with salt and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Cook for until just tender and drain well. Coarsely mash and season if required. Place into a bowl.
- Add the salmon, herbs, spring onion, lime rind, eggs, and flour to the potato in the bowl. Stir to combine.
- To make the chilli and honey yoghurt, combine the sriracha or chilli sauce, honey, cumin, and coriander in a small bowl. Place the yoghurt in a serving bowl and season. Spoon over the honey mixture and gently marble.
- Add enough oil to a wok or large deep saucepan to come 6cm up the side of the wok or pan. Heat to 180°C over medium-high heat (when oil is ready, a cube of bread turns golden brown in 15 secs). Carefully add teaspoonfuls of the potato mixture to the wok or pan. Cook for 2 mins or until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel and cover to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining potato mixture.
- Transfer fritters to a serving plate. Serve with the chilli and honey yoghurt.
Recipe adapted from taste.com.au
To order salmon for this recipe, click here!