Creamy Salmon Piccata Pasta
375g dried fettuccine pasta
2 T olive oil
1 T drained baby capers
500g boneless salmon pieces
Salt & pepper
1 small onion, thinly sliced
300ml light cooking cream
120g baby spinach
2 T fresh lemon juice
1 t lemon zest
½ bunch chopped flat leaf parsley
Lemon wedges, to serve
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Drain and return the pasta to the pan.
- Heat 1 T oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the capers, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until they ‘burst’. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a plate.
- Season salmon pieces and add to the pan and cook, turning occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until golden. Transfer to the plate.
- Heat the remaining 1 T oil in the frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the onion with a pinch of salt, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the cream. Cook for 2 minutes or until the cream reduces slightly.
- Stir the pasta, spinach, lemon juice and half the parsley into the cream mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute or until heated through. Gently toss through the salmon. Sprinkle with capers, lemon zest and remaining parsley. Serve with lemon wedges.
Recipe adapted from taste.com.au
To order salmon for this recipe, click here!