Citrus Cured Salmon
500g – 1kg boneless, skinless salmon (in one piece)
Zest of 1 orange, 2 lemons and 1 lime
1 C salt
1 C sugar
- Grate the zest of the citrus very finely, then sprinkle over both sides of the salmon and pat it on.
- Mix salt and sugar together in a bowl.
- In a flat bottomed dish big enough to hold the salmon portion, add half the sugar and salt mixture. Add the salmon on top of the sugar/salt, then cover with the remaining sugar/salt
- Cover the dish with cling-film and place in the refrigerator. Leave for 24 hours.
- Remove the salmon from the sugar/salt mix and rinse in water. Pat dry, trying to keep as much zest on the salmon as possible.
- Slice thinly to serve.
Recipe from the High Country Salmon kitchen.