Beetroot Hummus Salmon with Filo Topping
Grapeseed oil, to shallow fry
2 sheets filo pastry
3 t dukkah
1kg pinboned salmon fillet, skin on
2 t extra virgin olive oil, plus extra, to drizzle
½ C beetroot hummus
Fresh dill sprigs, to serve
Chopped fresh chives, to serve
Yoghurt dill sauce
¾ C greek yoghurt
¼ C fresh dill sprigs, finely chopped
2 T chopped fresh chives
2 T drained baby capers, finely chopped
1 T fresh lemon juice
1 t finely grated lemon rind
- Preheat oven to 190°C/170°C fan forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Heat 2cm of the oil in a small frying pan over medium-high heat. Use a large sharp knife to thinly slice filo into 5mm thick strips. Working with approximately 1/4 sheet of filo ribbons at a time, carefully drop in oil and use tongs to shape into rustic ‘nests’. Cook for 10-20 seconds or until golden and crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to drain. Sprinkle with sea salt and dukkah. Repeat with remaining filo ribbons.
- Drizzle the salmon with olive oil and season well. Spread with the beetroot hummus. Bake for 12-13 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile, for the yoghurt sauce combine the yoghurt, dill, chives, capers, juice and rind in a small bowl. Season.
- Carefully transfer salmon to a serving platter. Drizzle with one-third of the yoghurt sauce. Sprinkle with extra dill and chives and drizzle with extra oil. Top with the filo nests and serve immediately with the extra yoghurt sauce.
Recipe adapted from taste.com.au
To order salmon for this dish, click here!