Superfood Salmon & Kumara Salad
750g orange or gold kumara
400g raw baby beetroots, small leaves reserved
3 whole garlic cloves
Olive oil spray
½ t fennel seeds, crushed
½ t dried chilli flakes
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
3 T extra virgin olive oil
800g pinboned salmon fillet, skin on
1 head of broccoli
2 T almond or other nut butter
120g baby spinach leaves
1 large avocado, halved
½ C (50g) mung bean sprouts or other sprouts
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced) and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Scrub the kumara and beetroot, then slice very thinly using a mandoline, or cut into 2mm-thick slices using a sharp knife. Lay on prepared tray, slightly overlapping, keeping the beetroot at one end to avoid discolouring the kumara. Spray with olive oil, then season. Wrap the garlic in foil and place on the tray. Roast for 12-15 minutes or until the kumara is slightly tender.
- Meanwhile, for the salmon, combine the fennel seeds, chilli, lemon zest, a pinch each of salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, and 1 T oil. Spread chilli mixture over salmon.
- Split the broccoli through the centre of the stem and quarter, then place around the edge of kumara and beetroot. Season broccoli. Place salmon in centre of tray. Return tray to the oven and roast for a further 10-15 minutes or until salmon is just cooked through.
- To make the dressing, combine the nut butter, 2 T water, lemon juice and remaining 2 T oil. Season and stir until smooth and creamy. Squeeze roasted garlic flesh into dressing, stir to combine and transfer to a jug.
- Layer the roasted vegetables and salmon on a platter with reserved beetroot leaves, baby spinach and avocado, and top with mung bean sprouts. Serve with dressing.
Recipe adapted from delicious.com.au.
To order salmon for this dish, click here!