Sticky Honey Miso Glazed Salmon
¼ C white miso paste
¼ C honey
2 T mirin
2 T soy sauce
1.2kg side of salmon, skin on
1/3 C Japanese-style mayonnaise
1 T wasabi paste
1 spring onion, thinly sliced
1 C baby salad leaves
Toasted sesame seeds
½ C rice wine vinegar
2 T sugar
1 t sea salt flakes
1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- To make the cucumber pickle, place vinegar, sugar and salt in a glass or ceramic bowl. Stir until sugar dissolves. Add cucumber and red onion. Toss to combine. Set aside for 2 hours, tossing every 30 minutes.
- Mix Japanese mayo and wasabi in a bowl and season. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine miso paste, honey, mirin and soy sauce in a jug. Reserve 1/3 of the mixture.
- Place salmon, skin-side down, in a large shallow glass or ceramic dish. Brush all over with remaining miso mixture. Cover. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced and line a baking tray with baking paper. Place salmon on prepared tray. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until fish is almost cooked to your liking.
- Preheat grill on high. Brush salmon with reserved miso mixture. Grill for 5 minutes or until charred.
- Drain pickle. Sprinkle salmon with sesame seeds, spring onion and coriander, and serve with pickle, wasabi mayonnaise and salad leaves.
Recipe adapted from taste.com.au
To order salmon for this recipe, click here!