Grilled Salmon with Warm Stonefruit Salad
700g boneless salmon fillet, skin on
100ml olive oil
4 sprigs thyme
Juice of 1 lemon
50ml olive oil
4 sprigs thyme
12 cornichons, halved
4 apricots, quartered
4 nectarines, quartered
100g oyster mushrooms
20 basil leaves
1 punnet mixed microgreens
30g sliced almonds, toasted
600g tomatoes, cut into large chunks & slices
1 T extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
Handful of basil leaves, extra
- Preheat a fan grill to 180⁰C. Line a shallow baking tray with baking paper.
- Pat salmon fillet dry with paper towel then season the flesh with salt. Place flesh side down in the middle of the tray.
- Drizzle olive oil over the skin side of the salmon, then season with more salt and thyme sprigs.
- Mix lemon juice, olive oil and leaves from the thyme together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put cornichons, apricots, nectarines and mushrooms in a bowl. Tear any large mushrooms in half. Pour over the dressing and mix to combine.
- Scatter salad around the salmon, pouring any excess dressing over the fruit.
- Place the tray in the middle of the oven and grill for 15-20 minutes with the door closed until the skin is golden and crispy around the edges and the flesh is just cooked. Check regularly to make sure the skin doesn’t burn.
- While the salmon in cooking, place the tomatoes in a bowl and sprinkle with salt. Leave for 10 minutes then add the EVOO. Place in a serving bowl, sprinkle with extra basil and drizzle with more EVOO.
- When the salmon is cooked, remove from the oven and scatter over the basil leaves, microgreens and almonds. Serve with the tomatoes.
Recipe abbreviated from Cuisine Magazine.
To order salmon for this dish, click here!