Grilled Salmon with Warm Stonefruit Salad
700g boneless salmon fillet, skin on
100ml olive oil
4 sprigs thyme
Juice of 1 lemon
50ml olive oil
4 sprigs thyme
12 cornichons, halved
4 apricots, quartered
4 nectarines, quartered
100g oyster mushrooms
20 basil leaves
1 punnet mixed microgreens
30g sliced almonds, toasted
600g tomatoes, cut into large chunks & slices
1 T extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
Handful of basil leaves, extra
- Preheat a fan grill to 180⁰C. Line a shallow baking tray with baking paper.
- Pat salmon fillet dry with paper towel then season the flesh with salt. Place flesh side down in the middle of the tray.
- Drizzle olive oil over the skin side of the salmon, then season with more salt and thyme sprigs.
- Mix lemon juice, olive oil and leaves from the thyme together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put cornichons, apricots, nectarines and mushrooms in a bowl. Tear any large mushrooms in half. Pour over the dressing and mix to combine.
- Scatter salad around the salmon, pouring any excess dressing over the fruit.
- Place the tray in the middle of the oven and grill for 15-20 minutes with the door closed until the skin is golden and crispy around the edges and the flesh is just cooked. Check regularly to make sure the skin doesn’t burn.
- While the salmon in cooking, place the tomatoes in a bowl and sprinkle with salt. Leave for 10 minutes then add the EVOO. Place in a serving bowl, sprinkle with extra basil and drizzle with more EVOO.
- When the salmon is cooked, remove from the oven and scatter over the basil leaves, microgreens and almonds. Serve with the tomatoes.
Recipe abbreviated from Cuisine Magazine.