Firecracker Salmon with Noodle Slaw
2 T sambal oelek
2 T soy sauce
4cm piece fresh ginger, finely grated
1 t dried chilli flakes, plus extra to serve
3 garlic cloves, sliced
2 T rice wine vinegar
¼ C brown sugar
1.5kg pinboned salmon fillet (skin on)
¼ C fresh coriander leaves, to serve
1 spring onion, finely sliced, to serve
½ t toasted sesame seeds, to serve
3 C finely shredded red cabbage
200g piece daikon (white radish), peeled, julienne cut
1/3 C rice wine vinegar
1 T brown sugar
1 T sesame oil
2 t sea salt flakes
200g egg noodles
2 carrots, julienne cut
2 celery stalks, trimmed, cut into thin strips
½ cucumber, cut into thin strips
- Combine sambal oelek, soy sauce, ginger, chilli, garlic, vinegar, sugar and 2 T water in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 6 to 8 minutes or until thickened slightly. Set aside to cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 190°C/170°C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Place salmon on prepared tray. Brush with 1/3 of the sauce mixture. Bake, brushing salmon with remaining sauce mixture every 5 minutes, for 12 to 15 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking.
- For noodle slaw, combine cabbage, daikon, vinegar, sugar, oil and sea salt in a large bowl. Stand for 15 minutes.
- Cook noodles following packet directions. Drain, refresh under cold water, and drain again. Add noodles and remaining ingredients to cabbage mixture. Toss to combine.
- Top salmon with coriander, onion, sesame seeds and extra chilli. Serve with slaw.
Recipe adapted from taste.com.au
To order salmon for this recipe, click here!