Sesame Crusted Salmon
500g – 600g boneless, skinless salmon (in one piece)
2 T miso paste
1 t ginger, crushed
2 t sesame oil
½ t salt
½ t coarsely ground black pepper
3 T white sesame seeds
3 T black sesame seeds
- Cut salmon into 3 even sized strips.
- In a small bowl, mix miso paste, ginger and sesame oil together. In a flat bottomed plate, mix the sesame seeds, salt and pepper together.
- Brush all sides of the salmon strips with the miso mixture, then place in the sesame seeds. Roll over until all sides are coated with seeds. Repeat with remaining salmon.
- Heat a little oil in a pan over a medium-high heat. Add salmon and cook for 1 minute until the seeds start to go golden. Turn and repeat on remaining sides then remove from the pan.
- If you have very fresh salmon and like eating it rare, just slice and serve.
- If you prefer your salmon cooked, transfer to an ovenproof dish and cook at 180⁰C for a further 5-8 minutes, depending on the thickness of the salmon.
Recipe from the High Country Salmon kitchen.
To order salmon for this dish, click here!