Creamy Salmon Pasta Bake
340g dried pasta (penne, macaroni)
200-300g hot smoked salmon or leftover cooked salmon
Handful of basil
250ml passata (sieved tomatoes)
3 T thickened cream
140g mozzarella, grated
30g pine nuts
200g bag mixed salad leaves
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven 190⁰
- Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water as per instructions.
- Place the salmon into a bowl, removing any large bones and breaking into chunks.
- Tear the basil leaves and combine with the salmon. Add the passata, cream and mozzarella.
- Drain the pasta and combine with the salmon mixture.
- Season well and place in an ovenproof dish.
- Top with dots of butter and sprinkle over breadcrumbs and pinenuts.
- Place in the oven to colour the top and heat through.
- Serve with some salad leaves dressed with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and seasoning.
Recipe adapted from BBC Food.