Asian Salmon & Kumara Tray Bake
1 large orange kumara, peeled
2 sticks of lemongrass
2.5cm piece of ginger, peeled & finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 t sesame oil
150ml vegetable stock
150ml coconut milk
6-8 lime leaves or 1 lime
1 long red chilli, finely sliced
4 x 180g boneless salmon portions
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Slice the kumara into thin rounds. Arrange the slices, overlapping, in a large roasting tin.
- Bruise the lemongrass, then finely chop the tender parts. .
- Mix the sesame oil, stock, coconut milk and two-thirds each of the lemongrass, ginger and garlic. Pour over the kumara, tuck in the lime leaves (or squeeze the juice on top and scatter over the zest) and sprinkle over the chilli.
- Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the kumara is done. 10 minutes before the cooking time is up, sit the salmon portions on the kumara and top with the rest of the lemongrass, ginger and garlic.
- Once the salmon is cooked, remove from the oven and serve with green beans and sugar snap peas.
Recipe adapted from jamieoliver.com.