Apricot Glazed Salmon & Rice Tray Bake
2 x 250g packets microwave brown rice (or 3 cups of cooked rice)
1/3 C dried apricots, chopped
¼ C pistachios kernels, roughly chopped
1/3 C vegetable, chicken or fish stock
2 spring onions, sliced
1/3 C apricot jam
3 T wholegrain mustard
4 x pinboned salmon portions, skin on
½ bunch fresh continental parsley
- Preheat oven to 190°C/170°C fan forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Squeeze rice pouches to separate grains and place in a large bowl. Add apricots, pistachios, stock, and spring onions. Season and stir well to combine. Spread over prepared tray.
- Place the jam and mustard in a small bowl. Finely grate the rind of 1 lime and place in bowl. Halve the lime and squeeze into bowl. Season and stir to combine.
- Place salmon on top of rice, skin side down. Season well. Spoon the glaze over the salmon. Roast for 15 minutes or until salmon is just cooked through.
- Meanwhile, tear the leafy top off the parsley. Cut the remaining lime into four slices.
- Sprinkle the parsley over rice and salmon. Gently stir into rice. Serve with lime slices.
Recipe adapted from taste.com.au
To order salmon for this recipe, click here!